Oviatt Library CSUN - Advanced Placement Student Program
The Oviatt Library at California State University Northridge welcomes your child to the Advanced Placement (AP) Student Program. The AP Student Program provides your child with the unique opportunity to borrow materials from the Oviatt Library.
Your child's school library should always be their first stop for conducting research. The high school Teacher Librarian will refer your child to the Oviatt Library if they determine that your child needs materials that the school library cannot provide. Borrowing privileges are valid during the academic year of the high school. Students must be currently enrolled in an AP course in order for borrowing privileges to be valid.
Your child's privileges:
- Your child may borrow a total of three books. Your child may keep each book for two weeks.
- Your child may renew each book one time. Your child can renew books using the online renewal request form at http://library.csun.edu/Services/RenewEmail, or by calling our Renewal Line at 818-677-4745.
Why we need your permission:
- The Oviatt Library requires your permission to grant your child borrowing privileges because of the responsibilities associated with those privileges.
- Overdue books will incur 15-cents per day excessive use fee.
- Lost or damaged books will incur a processing fee in addition to replacement costs.
- The Oviatt Library is an adult environment containing research-level collections. We do not install filters on our Internet terminals, nor do we monitor students' Internet research. Your child will have unfiltered, unsupervised, and unrestricted access to all library materials.
How your child can check out books:
- Bring a high school-issued photo I.D. card to the Oviatt Library Guest Services desk.
- Bring the attached signed permission slip to the Oviatt Library Guest Services desk.
- Have their name on the AP student roster, furnished and maintained by their school. Please contact your child's school for any questions about the AP student roster.
If you have any questions about the Oviatt Library's AP Student Program, please contact Coleen Martin, California State University Northridge Outreach Librarian at 818-677-6396 or Guest Services at 818-677-2274. The Oviatt Library thanks you for your cooperation and looks forward to helping your child succeed in their AP class.